Pancakes are a breakfast favorite of mine and my brothers. My grandma used to make the BEST pancakes! Pancakes are the perfect sweet breakfast dish. We even used to have breakfast for dinner sometimes (breakfast for dinner is delicious!) I’m seriously thinking about making pancakes for dinner tonight. Pancakes are always yummy for any birthday. So what about making special birthday pancakes that have a little cake mix in it for that extra sweetness birthdays always need!
Cake Batter Pancakes
- 1 cup Gluten Free Bisquick mix
- 1 cup Betty Crocker Gluten Free yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons candy sprinkles
- 1 cup rice milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Additional candy sprinkles
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or electric griddle to 375°F; grease with cooking spray, vegetable oil or shortening. (Surface is ready when a few drops of water sprinkled on it dance and disappear.)
- In medium bowl, stir together pancake ingredients until blended. Pour by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook until pancakes are golden brown. Stack on serving plates.
- In small bowl, beat powdered sugar, milk and vanilla with whisk until smooth.
- To serve, top each serving with glaze and additional candy sprinkles.
- Don’t forget the birthday candles!