January 24th is National Peanut Butter Day! (thank you Twitter for letting me know) So on this day, I bring you a sweet and salty snack that uses Reese’s Peanut Butter cups (a favorite candy of mine – and still able to enjoy because it is gluten free)
Reese’s Peanut Butter Popcorn
This popcorn is a twist on the delicious caramel popcorn but this treat has a peanut butter honey coating instead of the caramel. Drizzled with chocolate and mini Reese’s Peanut Butter cups this treat is great for game time, snack time, party time or anytime!
- 8 cups plain popcorn
- Fine salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Mix the honey and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and add the peanut butter. Stir vigorously until all the peanut butter is melted, then mix in the vanilla extract.
- Immediately pour the peanut butter caramel over the popcorn and gently stir with a long-handled wooden spoon until it’s all coated. Spread popcorn on a large baking sheet. Drizzle popcorn with melted chocolate and let sit until chocolate hardens. Stir in the Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.