HOMEMADE GLUTEN FREE ICE CREAM CONES!
Let’s get started right away!
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 14 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2 tablespoons vegan shortening (Earth Balance)
- 1-3 tablespoons water
- Mix egg whites until frothy. Mix in all other ingredients. Be sure no lumps remain.
- Pour approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons batter into greased, hot pan. An omelet pan works best if you don’t have a waffle maker. (not to self get a waffle maker ) Swirl to distribute the batter over the bottom of the pan. The thinner the better. Cook until golden brown on the bottom. Turn and cook until other side is golden brown. This will take several minutes on each side.
- Carefully (VERY CAREFULLY!) remove from pan and shape into traditional cone shape. Place seam side down to cool.
- Fill with your favorite cool treat. OR use in recipes that call for ice cream cones!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.