Coconut and cookies? Count me in!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened toasted flaked coconut (you can toast your own coconut flakes or you can buy them toasted)
- Extra sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream the vegan butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually blend in the flour mixture, then mix in the coconut.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- Flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until just starting to color. Cookies should not brown. Cool on wire racks.