The countdown to Valentine’s Day continues!
Chocolate and Valentine’s Day go hand in hand. Betty Crocker has gluten-free CHOCOLATE Chex that are great as a breakfast cereal and PHENOMENAL in this chex mix recipe. It’s Better than Sex Chex Mix but for everyone we will call it Good Lovin’ Chex Mix.
Good Lovin’ Chex Mix (Better than Sex Chex Mix)
- 8 cups Gluten Free Chocolate Chex cereal
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, mini size
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup caramel bits (found by the chocolate chips in the baking aisle — or chop up regular caramels)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1/2 cup gluten free milk chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla (white) chocolate baking chips
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Into large microwavable bowl, measure cereal; set aside. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, vegan butter and corn syrup uncovered on high 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved. Pour caramel mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave on high 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes. Break into bite-sized pieces.
- Make sure Chex mixture is cool to the touch (You need it to be cool so that the candy doesn’t melt.) Evenly sprinkle mini peanut butter cups candy and miniature marshmallows over Chex mixture.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave caramel baking bits and coconut milk uncovered on high about 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Use a spoon or fork to drizzle over snack. Repeat with milk chocolate baking chips. Repeat again with vanilla (white) baking chips. Quickly sprinkle coarse salt over all while candy drizzles are still wet.
- Refrigerate until set. Break apart and store in tightly covered container.
If you wanna make an extra special dessert with this wonderful sinfully sweet treat, try creating a parfait desserts by layering the cooled Good Lovin’ Chex Mix and lightly sweetened rice whipped cream!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.