You’ve seen the chocolate cake in a mug. Well get ready for a two minute personal coffee cake. Breakfast on the go!
Adapted from Heather Likes Food
For the Cake:
- 1 tablespoons vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- pure vanilla extract, few drops
- 1/4 cup all purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter is a great mix)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the Struesel Topping:
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mug soften 1 tablespoon of vegan butter in microwave, about 5 seconds. You don’t want it all the way melted, just soften. Stir in 2 tablespoon of sugar and mix until well incorporated. Stir in applesauce, pure vanilla extract (just a few drops), gluten free flour, baking powder, and pinch of salt; stirring until just combined. Use the back of your spoon to smooth it out in the bottom of the mug.
- What is coffee cake without that delicious crumbly topping?! Just a regular cake thats what! In a separate, small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of vegan butter, 2 tablespoon of gluten free flour, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Use your fingers to to pinch the butter and mix it in with the other ingredients. When it starts to look like lumpy wet sand and all ingredients are combined, pour on top of cake batter in mug.
- Cook in the microwave for 50-80 seconds depending on your microwave. It will look just barely set on top. You don’t want to overcook it. (The best suggestion is cooking it 50 seconds, and then in 10 second intervals checking after each interval until done.) Eat while still warm.
Breakfast in a mug has never tasted so good! :)
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.