13 Jan 2012
in Basics, Breakfast, Recipes
Tags: Apple cider, apple pancakes, Betty Crocker, Betty Crocker Gluten Free, Carla Hall, gluten-free, gluten-free pancakes, Pancakes, Recipe, Syrup
Fried Apple Pancakes. I saw this recipe on The Chew and I really enjoyed it! Carla Hall put a little twist on a family recipe and it’s sweet, simple, easy to make gluten free (which is perfect) and of course delicious. Try these tasty cakes with homemade apple cider syrup or with your favorite maple syrup. Yea I’ve been on an apple recipe kick…no complaints! Apples are delicious and so versatile!
Fried Apple Pancakes with Apple Cider Syrup
- 1 cup Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or apple pie spice)
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 medium apples - pared and cored
- lemon juice and zest (for apple cider syrup)
- apple cider
- To make hot apple cider syrup: Add apple cider, lemon juice and zest, and cinnamon to a saucepan and bring to a boil. (Use your own comfort/judgement with how much to mix.) Reduce the liquid to a syrup consistency, by half.
- Beat bisquick mix, egg and rice milk until smooth. Add pumpkin pie spice (or apple pie spice) and lemon zest to batter and mix until incorporated.
- Grease griddle.
- Core and cut apples crosswise in 1/8-inch slices.
- Using a toothpick dip slices into batter. Cook on hot griddle until golden brown, turning once. Serve hot with apple cider syrup or warmed maple syrup.
Thank you Carla Hall for this delicious recipe that can so easily become gluten free by changing ONE ingredients! Definitely makes me smile from ear to ear while I chew!
07 Jan 2012
in Breakfast, Dessert, Recipes
Tags: Betty Crocker, Betty Crocker Gluten Free, Bisquick, Cake, cake batter, gluten-free, Pancake, yellow cake mix
Pancakes are a breakfast favorite of mine and my brothers. My grandma used to make the BEST pancakes! Pancakes are the perfect sweet breakfast dish. We even used to have breakfast for dinner sometimes (breakfast for dinner is delicious!) I’m seriously thinking about making pancakes for dinner tonight. Pancakes are always yummy for any birthday. So what about making special birthday pancakes that have a little cake mix in it for that extra sweetness birthdays always need!
Cake Batter Pancakes
These pancakes are definitely a great twist on a classic birthday dessert. Pancakes, icing, sprinkles! Happy Birthday to you! Or whoever you serve these to.
For the Pancakes:
- 1 cup Gluten Free Bisquick mix
- 1 cup Betty Crocker Gluten Free yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons candy sprinkles
- 1 cup rice milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
For the Glaze and Garnish:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Additional candy sprinkles
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or electric griddle to 375°F; grease with cooking spray, vegetable oil or shortening. (Surface is ready when a few drops of water sprinkled on it dance and disappear.)
- In medium bowl, stir together pancake ingredients until blended. Pour by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook until pancakes are golden brown. Stack on serving plates.
- In small bowl, beat powdered sugar, milk and vanilla with whisk until smooth.
- To serve, top each serving with glaze and additional candy sprinkles.
- Don’t forget the birthday candles!
For a chocolate cake version, use 1 cup of Betty Crocker’s Gluten Free Devil’s Food Cake!