21 Feb 2012
in Drinks, Recipes
Tags: Blood orange, Cocktail, Cocktail shaker, Dairy Free, gluten-free, grand mariner, Grand Marnier, Lime (fruit), orange, simple syrup, Tequila
Blood Orange Margaritas
makes a single serving
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila (silver or gold, based on your preference)
- 1 ounce grand mariner
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces blood orange juice (about 1-2 oranges)
- salt and/or sugar for the rim
- lime/orange wedges for garnish
- Rim the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge and dip in margarita salt.(You can combined the salt with some sugar, but that’s up to you.)
- Fill the glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, grand marnier, simple syrup, blood orange and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds.
- Pour over ice and squeeze in lemon and orange slices.
06 Jan 2012
in Dessert, Drinks, Recipes
Tags: bellini, Blood orange, Ciao Bella, cocktail hour, coctails, drinks, gluten-free, Pear, red wine glasses, Sorbet
Another bubbly delight brought to you by Ciao Bella Sorbet. Seriously my favorite sorbet so far! (Until I go to Italy and then gain tons of weight from eating Italian sorbet…ahhh that’s the dream) anyway I’m rambling…here’s the recipe!
- Bottle of Brut Rose Cava or your favorite Bubble
- Ciao Bella Sorbet (Prickly Pear or Blood Orange)
- Freeze some wide mouth champagne or red wine glasses.
- Fill half way with the chilled ‘Bubble’ (the cold glasses will make them foam up so pour slowly!)
- Then delicately place one small scoop of the sorbet in to each glass