Nobody lays a finger on my Butterfinger BROWNIES! Once again I’m in a chocolatey craving and brownies are sure to fix that quickly. Candy packed brownies are always delicious.
Not a Butterfinger fan, substitute your favorite candy!
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted vegan butter, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons dutch process cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 4 regular-sized Butterfinger bars, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray an 8″ square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or grease with vegan butter.
- Microwave chocolate chips and butter in microwave for about 45 seconds. If not mostly melted, microwave for 20 more seconds. Stir until smooth. Whisk in the cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, peanut butter and salt until combined. Whisk the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Stir in the flour until just combined. Fold chopped Butterfinger bars into batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, spread evenly and level the surface with a rubber spatula.
- Bake approximately 35-40 minutes. Brownies will be slightly puffed and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out mostly clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool to room temperature for about 2 hours. Cut into 1″ squares.
- Store in a tightly sealed container; preferably in the refrigerator.
MMMmm chocolatey, peanut buttery, chewy and delicious! (Just like it should be! )
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.