27 Feb 2012
in Breakfast, Dessert, Recipes
Tags: bread pudding, Chocolate, Chocolate Bread Pudding, cinnamon raisin bread, Dairy Free, decadent dessert, gluten-free, udi's gluten free
Chocolate Bread Pudding
Using cinnamon raisin bread brings even more flavor to this delicious bread pudding! This pudding can be served warm, room temperature, or cold. To chill, let cool completely, then cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, plus more for baking dish (Earth Balance)
- 8 slices (8 ounces) Udi’s Gluten Free cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 cups rice milk milk
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly butter an 11-by-7-inch (or 9-inch square) baking dish; set aside.
- Toast bread (in the oven or toaster) until lightly crisped.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, chocolate, and butter; place over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Tear bread into large pieces (about 4 or 5 per slice); scatter evenly in prepared baking dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Whisk in warm milk mixture until combined. Pour over bread.
- Bake until pudding has puffed and is firm, about 25 minutes. Cool at least 10 minutes, and dust with confectioners’ sugar just before serving.
This can be a decadent dessert or a special breakfast treat. Breakfast and dessert are really favorites! lol. I love all food but breakfast and dessert are just so yummy and perfect for my sweet tooth! Don’t let your sweet tooth go sour just because you’re gluten free! ENJOY YOUR SWEETS! (in moderation of course!)
20 Feb 2012
in Breakfast, Dessert, Recipes, Snacks
Tags: 5 Ingredient Cocoa Shake, almond butter, Chocolate, chocolate shake, Dairy Free, decadent dessert, frozen bananas, gluten-free, Peanut butter
5 Ingredient Cocoa Shake
This ultra creamy, silky smooth 5 Ingredient Cocoa Shake is the perfect way to treat yourself. Though the taste and texture will remind you of a true ice cream milkshake – the ingredients are dairy free, vegan and filled with nutrients. Think bananas, vanilla, rich cocoa and a hint of creamy peanut butter. So not only will you be indulging in a decadent dessert drink – but you will be feeding your body some good stuff! Energizing nutrients like potassium, antioxidants, protein, healthy fats and fiber. Sustain the energy for your day with this sip! Kid friendly and it’s quick and easy to make!!
- 2 frozen bananas, pre-sliced before freezing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure cocoa powder (unsweetened, dairy-free)
- 1 cup vanilla non-dairy milk (soy, almond, rice, or coconut)
- Sugar (to taste)
- 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter
- Place all ingredients in the blender. (Blend in a high power blender for best results).
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne.
- Replace some of the non-dairy milk with soy creamer or add in one scoop of vegan ice cream for a richer flavor.
- Coconut shreds.
- Ice cubes for a more frosty, icy texture.
- Add some instant coffee for a mocha flavor.