As Kermit the Frog has said, “It’s Not Easy Being Green.” It may not be easy but it can be tasty! We’ve made green pancakes and delicious cupcakes and other delicious things. Now it’s time to share some green drinks. I know a lot of people are going out and having a good time on this beautiful St. Patrick’s Day. (it’s beautiful in NY). Wherever you go today and whatever you do be responsible! Drink responsible! Act responsible! We can all have a good time without going overboard.
The Midori June Bug
It’s a girly drink which is fine because I am quite fond of very girly drinks. This recipe is for one drink so make according to how many people you are severing.
- 1 oz Midori melon liqueur
- 3/4 oz Malibu coconut rum (or a coconut rum that you prefer)
- 3/4 oz banana liqueur
- 1 oz sweet and sour mix
- 1 oz pineapple juice
Shake ingredients together and pour into a festive glass with some ice.
Next I found a recipe that has all the colors in the Irish flag!
- 1/3 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1/3 oz green crème de menthe
- 1/3 oz Grand Marnier orange liqueur
- First, pour the crème de menthe into a glass.
- Next, slowly pour the Bailey’s Irish cream over the back of a spoon so that it floats on top of the Creme de Menthe.
- Finally, slowly pour the Grand Marnier over the back of the spoon so that it floats on top of the Bailey’s Irish creme
I hope everyone enjoys there St. Patrick’s Day. Remember ALWAYS DRINK RESPONSIBLY! Don’t go out by yourself! Have fun!