Fried Apple Pancakes. I saw this recipe on The Chew and I really enjoyed it! Carla Hall put a little twist on a family recipe and it’s sweet, simple, easy to make gluten free (which is perfect) and of course delicious. Try these tasty cakes with homemade apple cider syrup or with your favorite maple syrup. Yea I’ve been on an apple recipe kick…no complaints! Apples are delicious and so versatile!
Fried Apple Pancakes with Apple Cider Syrup
- 1 cup Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or apple pie spice)
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 medium apples - pared and cored
- lemon juice and zest (for apple cider syrup)
- apple cider
- To make hot apple cider syrup: Add apple cider, lemon juice and zest, and cinnamon to a saucepan and bring to a boil. (Use your own comfort/judgement with how much to mix.) Reduce the liquid to a syrup consistency, by half.
- Beat bisquick mix, egg and rice milk until smooth. Add pumpkin pie spice (or apple pie spice) and lemon zest to batter and mix until incorporated.
- Grease griddle.
- Core and cut apples crosswise in 1/8-inch slices.
- Using a toothpick dip slices into batter. Cook on hot griddle until golden brown, turning once. Serve hot with apple cider syrup or warmed maple syrup.
Thank you Carla Hall for this delicious recipe that can so easily become gluten free by changing ONE ingredients! :) Definitely makes me smile from ear to ear while I chew!
I just saw this recipe on my friends cooking board on Pinterest (LOVE pinterest (http://pinterest.com/ekcroffie/) is my Pinterest FOLLOW ME and start pinning) ANYWAY…I just HAD to share this recipe (tweaked it of course to make it gluten free/dairy free)
RED VELVET PANCAKES! Red velvet is my all time favorite cake (my future wedding cake will be a gluten-free red velvet with vanilla frosting)
Here it is! Definitely something to try! :D
Red Velvet Pancakes with Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups rice milk (Rice Dream)
- 1/2 cup dairy free sour cream (try Sour Supreme – Better than Sour Cream)
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, rice milk, dairy free sour cream, food coloring and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix just until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and fold in batter.
- Pour about 1/3 cup onto medium/high griddle and lightly brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and serve with maple syrup.
These sound delicious and nothing is better than pancakes from scratch of a Sunday morning, or afternoon or evening, or late night snack. (Yea pancakes are good any time!)