Nothing says spring like a refreshing drink! Cherry Limeade can definitely hit the spot!
Homemade Cherry Limeade
Sweet and Simple!!
- Simply limeade (Simply is a GREAT line of juices and are great in SO many drinks)
- Lemon-lime seltzer water
- Lime slices or wedges
- Maraschino cherries
- Crushed Ice
- Mix 1 part limeade to 2 parts seltzer water.
- Add grenadine to taste (about 1 tablespoon per pint of limeade).
- Add crushed ice.
- Garnish with lime and cherries.
Check out the Simply website here!
Want a fun tangy drink for everyone to enjoy for St. Patrick’s Day? Check out this lime slush!
Lucky Leprechaun Lime Slush
Sweet, tangy and non-alcoholic! Great for a St. Patrick’s Day party, or a day at the parade! It would go great in green tumblers!
- 1 quart lime sherbet , softened
- ½ cup frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans lemon-lime soda , chilled (Sprite, 7-Up etc…)
- 1 -2 cup crushed ice
In a blender, blend sherbet, limeade and sugar. Pour in soda and ice. Blend into smooth.
Pour into glasses. Garnish if desired.
Last installment of the taste of New Orleans Mardi Gras drinks. These drinks are excellent for that perfect beach day. I need to move somewhere there is no snow and always sand between my toes!
Coconut rum and pineapple juice are featured in this slushy drink.
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup coconut-flavored rum
- 1/4 cup grenadine syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 4 cups crushed ice
- pineapple slices for garnish
- Combine regular rum, rum with coconut flavoring, grenadine, orange juice, pineapple juice and crushed ice in an electric blender.
- Blend until the drink’s consistency is slushy.
- Pour in glasses and garnish with some pineapple slices.
A fruity blend of juices, tea and bourbon whiskey are frozen into a slush, and then served topped off with lemon lime soda. This is a two day drink so plan ahead!
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups strong brewed black tea
- 2 cups bourbon whiskey (Bourbon - Makers Mark is a gluten free bourbon)
- 1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- In a large bowl or container, mix together the orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate, pineapple juice, sugar, tea, and whiskey. Transfer to shallow bowls or dishes, and freeze overnight.
- Remove the frozen mixture from the freezer and let stand for about 10 minutes. Chop with a wire whisk or potato masher to make a slushy consistency. Place scoops of the frozen slush into glasses, and top off with the lemon-lime flavored soda.
REMEMBER TO DRINK RESPONSIBLY ALL OF THE TIME!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.