07 Apr 2012
in Basics, Drinks, Recipes
Tags: beverage, Carbonated water, cherry, cherry limeade, drinks, Grenadine, Lemon-lime, lime, lime slices, Limeade, seltzer water, simply juices, springtime drink
Nothing says spring like a refreshing drink! Cherry Limeade can definitely hit the spot!
Homemade Cherry Limeade
Sweet and Simple!!
- Simply limeade (Simply is a GREAT line of juices and are great in SO many drinks)
- Lemon-lime seltzer water
- Lime slices or wedges
- Maraschino cherries
- Crushed Ice
- Mix 1 part limeade to 2 parts seltzer water.
- Add grenadine to taste (about 1 tablespoon per pint of limeade).
- Add crushed ice.
- Garnish with lime and cherries.
Check out the Simply website here!
13 Mar 2012
in Basics, Dessert, Drinks, Recipes, Snacks
Tags: Dairy Free, dessert, Food, frozen drinks, gluten-free, Holidays, Lemon-lime, Leprechaun, lime, lime sherbet, Limeade, party drink, Saint Patricks Day
Want a fun tangy drink for everyone to enjoy for St. Patrick’s Day? Check out this lime slush!
Lucky Leprechaun Lime Slush
Sweet, tangy and non-alcoholic! Great for a St. Patrick’s Day party, or a day at the parade! It would go great in green tumblers!
- 1 quart lime sherbet , softened
- ½ cup frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans lemon-lime soda , chilled (Sprite, 7-Up etc…)
- 1 -2 cup crushed ice
In a blender, blend sherbet, limeade and sugar. Pour in soda and ice. Blend into smooth.
Pour into glasses. Garnish if desired.
21 Feb 2012
in Drinks, Recipes
Tags: Beverages, bourbon slush, cocktails, Dairy Free, gluten-free, Grenadine, Lemon-lime, Mardi Gras, New Orleans Mardi Gras, Pineapple
Last installment of the taste of New Orleans Mardi Gras drinks. These drinks are excellent for that perfect beach day. I need to move somewhere there is no snow and always sand between my toes!
Coconut rum and pineapple juice are featured in this slushy drink.
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup coconut-flavored rum
- 1/4 cup grenadine syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 4 cups crushed ice
- pineapple slices for garnish
- Combine regular rum, rum with coconut flavoring, grenadine, orange juice, pineapple juice and crushed ice in an electric blender.
- Blend until the drink’s consistency is slushy.
- Pour in glasses and garnish with some pineapple slices.
A fruity blend of juices, tea and bourbon whiskey are frozen into a slush, and then served topped off with lemon lime soda. This is a two day drink so plan ahead!
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups strong brewed black tea
- 2 cups bourbon whiskey (Bourbon - Makers Mark is a gluten free bourbon)
- 1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- In a large bowl or container, mix together the orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate, pineapple juice, sugar, tea, and whiskey. Transfer to shallow bowls or dishes, and freeze overnight.
- Remove the frozen mixture from the freezer and let stand for about 10 minutes. Chop with a wire whisk or potato masher to make a slushy consistency. Place scoops of the frozen slush into glasses, and top off with the lemon-lime flavored soda.
REMEMBER TO DRINK RESPONSIBLY ALL OF THE TIME!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.