07 Apr 2012
in Basics, Drinks, Recipes
Tags: beverage, Carbonated water, cherry, cherry limeade, drinks, Grenadine, Lemon-lime, lime, lime slices, Limeade, seltzer water, simply juices, springtime drink
Nothing says spring like a refreshing drink! Cherry Limeade can definitely hit the spot!
Homemade Cherry Limeade
Sweet and Simple!!
- Simply limeade (Simply is a GREAT line of juices and are great in SO many drinks)
- Lemon-lime seltzer water
- Lime slices or wedges
- Maraschino cherries
- Crushed Ice
- Mix 1 part limeade to 2 parts seltzer water.
- Add grenadine to taste (about 1 tablespoon per pint of limeade).
- Add crushed ice.
- Garnish with lime and cherries.
Check out the Simply website here!
01 Apr 2012
in Basics, Dessert, Drinks, Recipes
Tags: Dairy Free, delicious drinks, dessert, drinks, frosty, frozen drink, gluten-free, lime, strawberry, Watermelon
It’s April 1st! Spring is in the air and it’s the perfect time for delicious drinks! (We’ll any time is a great time for delicious drinks – but spring yields some of the best fruits!) Watermelons, kiwis oooh so many yummy tastes!
Strawberry Watermelon Lime Frosty
This recipe is so simple!
- 1 1/2 cups frozen watermelon (in large diced cubes for easy blending)
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup coconut water - add slowly as needed to get blender moving – add more if needed
- 1 banana
- 2 limes, squeezed
- 1-2 teaspoon sugar (or more to taste)
- Place all ingredients – except ice – in the blender
- Blend on high
- Add ice slowly
- Blend until you reach the desired consistency
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a lime wedge
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.
13 Mar 2012
in Basics, Dessert, Drinks, Recipes, Snacks
Tags: Dairy Free, dessert, Food, frozen drinks, gluten-free, Holidays, Lemon-lime, Leprechaun, lime, lime sherbet, Limeade, party drink, Saint Patricks Day
Want a fun tangy drink for everyone to enjoy for St. Patrick’s Day? Check out this lime slush!
Lucky Leprechaun Lime Slush
Sweet, tangy and non-alcoholic! Great for a St. Patrick’s Day party, or a day at the parade! It would go great in green tumblers!
- 1 quart lime sherbet , softened
- ½ cup frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans lemon-lime soda , chilled (Sprite, 7-Up etc…)
- 1 -2 cup crushed ice
In a blender, blend sherbet, limeade and sugar. Pour in soda and ice. Blend into smooth.
Pour into glasses. Garnish if desired.
23 Feb 2012
in Drinks, Recipes
Tags: amaretto, Dairy Free, gluten-free, italian amaretto margarita, Lemon, lime, Limeade, margarita, Orange juice, Sugar, Tequila
I know National Margarita Day was yesterday but another recipe to add to your margarita selection couldn’t hurt. Variety is the spice of life!
Italian Amaretto Margaritas
Amaretto gives this drink a fun twist! Frosty glasses rimmed with amaretto and sugar make this drink even better.
- 4 fluid ounces amaretto liqueur, plus additional
- white sugar
- 6 fluid ounces frozen limeade concentrate
- 6 fluid ounces tequila
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 6 cups ice
- lemon and lime wedge for garnish
- Dip the rims of 4 margarita glasses in amaretto, then into sugar; set aside.
- Pour the limeaid, tequila, amaretto, orange juice, and ice into the bowl of a blender.
- Puree until smooth, then pour into prepared glasses.
- Garnish with lemon and lime wedges.
ENJOY! REMEMBER DRINK RESPONSIBLY!