15 Apr 2012
in Dessert, Recipes, Snacks
Tags: Cook, creamy peanut butter, Dairy Free, dry roasted peanuts, Food, gluten-free, maple popcorn, Maple syrup, movie snack, Peanut, Peanut butter, Popcorn, Popcorn bag, real maple syrup, snack, Vanilla extract
Popcorn is a great snack that is also a great canvas for flavors and textures. Thanks to Food Networks Pinterest page, I stumbled upon this Peanut Maple Popcorn recipe that I tweaked a just a little bit.
Peanut Maple Popcorn
This takes regular popcorn to another level. Movie night snacking gets a little bit sweeter with this tasty treat.
Adapted from Food Network.com
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Real Maple Syrup – pure maple syrup (non of that fake stuff)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (3.5 oz.) package natural microwave popcorn, popped (10 cups)
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- Combine sugar and maple syrup in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Blend in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Place popped popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over popcorn, stirring until coated.
- Place popcorn in a single layer on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
Pour into your favorite bowl and ENJOY!
So pop in your favorite DVD, kick back and relax with this snack!
24 Jan 2012
in Basics, Dessert, Recipes, Snacks
Tags: Blondie (confection), blondies, gluten-free, national peanut butter day, Peanut, Peanut butter, Peanut butter cup, peanut butter lovers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
My blondies are a HIT! and on this National Peanut Butter Day, we are going to jazz it up for all you peanut butter lovers out there. Peanut Butter Cup Blondies for Peanut Butter Lovers! Once again, using Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. (Seriously cannot get enough peanut butter chocolate goodness)
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
- 1 cup all purpose gluten freeflour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted vegan butter, melted (Earth Balance)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 9 regular size Peanut Butter Cups (chop each peanut butter cup into 4 pieces) (6 will be mixed into batter and 3 will be pressed into the top of the blondies)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Sift together the gluten free flour, baking powder, kosher salt and baking soda.Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (a handheld mixer works fine) mix together the light brown sugar, melted unsalted vegan butter and pure vanilla extract.
- Add in 1 large egg and mix to combine.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until the ingredients are almost combined. Take a spatula and fold the ingredients together.
- Chop up 6 regular size peanut butter cups into 4 pieces each. Throw the chopped peanut butter cups into the blondie batter and fold them in.
- Spread the batter evenly in the lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake for a total of 25 minutes at 350ºF. While the blondies are baking, chop up 3 more regular size peanut butter cups into 4 pieces each. During the last 5 minutes of baking, press the chopped up peanut butter cups into the blondies.
- Then continue baking the blondies for 5 more minutes, the baking time will total 25 minutes.
- Once the blondies are done baking, cool completely on a cooling rack and then cut into squares.
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes, Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.