27 Dec 2011
in Dessert, Recipes, Snacks
Tags: almond, almond butter, almond cake, almond flour, Cake, dark brown sugar, gluten free flour, gluten-free, quick cake
A while back I was watching the cooking channel and while the name of the program I was watching escapes me, what stayed with me was the one chefs who made a quick chocolate cake in 30 seconds using a microwave and a cream whipper. Now while this was fascinating and the cake looked incredible, I don’t have a cream whipper. I wish I did (they’re great) but I don’t. So that got me thinking. How do you make a quick cake without a cream whipper? A little gluten free flour, an egg, some sugar, a little bit of flavor and a microwave.
Personal Almond Cake
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 tablespoon all natural almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a small bowl beat the egg with sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the almond butter and pure vanilla extract.
- Thoroughly mix in almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spray a ramekin dish, small bowl, or even your favorite coffee mug with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Pour the batter slowly into your dish of choice and microwave on high for 30 seconds. (Do not over microwave!)
- Take out of the microwave and let stand for 2 minutes.
You may have to make more than one because it’d going to be hard to share this little gem.
26 Dec 2011
in Basics, Dessert, Snacks
Tags: Coconut milk, creamy peanut butter, gluten free flour, gluten-free, homemade frosting recipe, Peanut butter, peanut butter cake, Powdered sugar, quick cake, sugar craving
I just happened to stumble upon this SUPER quick recipe on Pinterest and of course I had to share. This quick and easy cake pops up in just 30 seconds in the microwave and it take just 30 seconds to whip up the delicious glaze. Quick AND delicious? Yea it’s not a dream. It’s reality.
One Minute Peanut Butter Cake
Serves 1. Having a sugar craving but there is not dessert in the house? A little peanut butter and your favorite gluten free flour is the answer to your sweet tooth calling.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 heaping tablespoon gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon rice milk or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (give or take)
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar, baking powder, peanut butter and flour.
- Pour batter into a greased ramekin. Microwave for 30 seconds. DO NOT OVER MICROWAVE!
- While the cake is microwaving, stir together rice or coconut milk and powdered sugar, adding more powdered sugar if necessary to thicken frosting.
- Remove cake from ramekin (or don’t), pour frosting over top
ENJOY! I know I will.