Whole Foods Market has done it again! This time creating a wonderful winter cocktail with an interesting ingredient that you would not normally find in drinks – rosemary. Yes, I know what you’re thinking. Rosemary and clementines? Really? Yes really! The surprising hint of rosemary really makes this cocktail come alive. Whole Foods is a great resource for a variety of recipes that can be tailored for various allergies! So of course this clementine cocktail is gluten free and dairy free!
Clementine Crush Sparkling Cocktail
Thanks to the vibrant flavors of clementines, cranberries and fresh rosemary, this pitcher full of sparkling wine-based cocktails is prime for winter celebrations. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the clementine zest in large pieces for the chopping and twists.
- 2 2/3 cups clementine juice, plus 1 tablespoon finely chopped clementine zest, plus 1 clementine for garnish (from 12-14 fruits total)
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup 100% Cranberry Juice
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 8 (1-inch) sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 (750ml) bottle sparkling wine, such as Pascual Toso Sparkling Brut, well chilled (or use your favorite)
- 1 (12-ounce) can Tonic Water or Ginger Ale ( I suggest ginger ale)
- In a wide, shallow dish, mix zest and sugar together with your fingers. Wet the rim of 8 cocktail glasses with a wet paper towel, and then dredge in clementine sugar to coat.
- In a large pitcher, use a wooden spoon to muddle cranberry juice, cranberries and rosemary sprigs thoroughly.
- Fill pitcher with ice cubes.
- Top off with clementine juice, wine and tonic water or ginger ale.
- Stir vigorously; pour into glasses; garnish with clementine twists and serve.
Your cocktail hour just got a little more intersting!