21 Mar 2012
in Dessert, Recipes, Snacks
Tags: azure chocolat, Bake, Betty Crocker, Brownie, brownies, Chocolat, coffee, Dairy Free, dessert, Food, gluten-free, Irish cream, irish cream liqueur, Toffee, vanilla frosting
I’ve been craving toffee and chocolate – a wonderful combination. Especially the toffee from Azure Chocolat! (It is delicious and what I will be using for this recipe!) Check out my Azure Chocolat review! (Seriously if you are on Long Island GO HERE!) OK, let’s get to the recipe!
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
- 1 19.8 – 21 ounce package brownie mix (Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownie Mix)
- All ingredients called for to make the brownies
- 1/2 cup toffee pieces (Azure Chocolat toffee) or your favorite toffee
- 2 – 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder or instant coffee crystals
- 3/4 cup canned vanilla frosting (Betty Crocker)
- 1 tablespoon Irish cream liqueur or coffee liqueur
- 1/4 cup toffee pieces (Azure Chocolat toffee)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, extending the foil up and over the edges of the pan. Grease foil very well (Earth Balance Vegan Butter works well); set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, except stir the 1/2 cup toffee pieces and the espresso powder into batter. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. Remove baked mixture from pan by lifting foil. Make sure your brownies are cooled COMPLETELY before you frost them – a cool brownie is a happy brownie!
- In a small bowl, combine vanilla frosting and liqueur.
- Spread frosting mixture onto cooled brownies. Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup toffee pieces. Cut into bars.
- Serve with rice whipped cream and your favorite gluten free ice cream! (or non-dairy ice cream)
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.
05 Jan 2012
in Dessert, Recipes, Snacks
Tags: Betty Crocker, cupcakes, Devil's food cake, gluten-free, Hot chocolate, Mexican hot chocolate, mexican pastries, vanilla frosting, Wintertime
Wintertime is the perfect time for warm fires, cozy blankets and food that warms the soul. How about a chocolate cupcake with a little kick! A little cinnamon gives this chocolate cupcake an extra something. These cupcakes are inspired by the popular mexican hot chocolate drink.
Mexican Hot Cocoa Cupcakes
In Mexico, hot chocolate remains a popular national drink. Traditional Mexican hot chocolate includes semi-sweet chocolate,cinnamon, sugar and vanilla. Hot chocolate of this type is commonly sold in circular or hexagonal tablets which can be dissolved into hot milk, water or cream, then blended until the mixture develops a creamy froth. Mexican cinnamon hot chocolate is traditionally served alongside a variety of Mexican pastries known aspan dulce and in Spain with churros.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Gluten Free devil’s food cake mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups coconut or rice milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- Additional ground cinnamon for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Heat oven as directed on box. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size cupcake cups.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, the coconut or rice milk, oil, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on high speed 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly among cupcake cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake cupcakes and cool completely as directed on box.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with vanilla frosting. Spice things up by stirring 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) into the vanilla frosting. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
29 Dec 2011
The cupcake I got from Cafe Cogolulu today. Cannot wait to try more delicious goodies.