Apple pie is my all time favorite dessert. I’ve never been much of a cherry or blueberry girl and pumpkin and sweet potato aren’t really my taste either. There is something about a fresh homemade apple pie that always makes me smile. While I could have used a gluten-free pie crust for this recipe, I decided not to and it still turned out delicious! If you want, you can use a gluten-free pie crust and just follow the instructions for the pie crust.
Impossibly Easy Gluten-Free French Apple Pie
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled Fuji apples (3 medium) (or your favorite baking apple – I also left the peels on this time for this pie but you can peel them if you’d like)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup Bisquick Gluten Free mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted (I used Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread – so good)
- 3 eggs
For the Streusel
- 1/3 cup Bisquick Gluten Free mix
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (optional) – I am not a fan of nuts in dessert and neither is anyone in my family really so I did not include any kinds of nut. But if you are nuts about nuts add your favorite!
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons firm butter or margarine (Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread)
- Heat oven to 325ºF. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix apples, cinnamon and nutmeg; place in pie plate.
- In medium bowl, stir remaining filling ingredients until well blended. Pour over apple mixture in pie plate. In small bowl, mix all streusel ingredients, using fork, until crumbly; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Store in refrigerator.