I just saw this recipe on my friends cooking board on Pinterest (LOVE pinterest (http://pinterest.com/ekcroffie/) is my Pinterest FOLLOW ME and start pinning) ANYWAY…I just HAD to share this recipe (tweaked it of course to make it gluten free/dairy free)
Here it is! Definitely something to try! 😀
Red Velvet Pancakes with Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups rice milk (Rice Dream)
- 1/2 cup dairy free sour cream (try Sour Supreme – Better than Sour Cream)
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, rice milk, dairy free sour cream, food coloring and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix just until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and fold in batter.
- Pour about 1/3 cup onto medium/high griddle and lightly brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and serve with maple syrup.
These sound delicious and nothing is better than pancakes from scratch of a Sunday morning, or afternoon or evening, or late night snack. (Yea pancakes are good any time!)