Heat up the oven and break out the measuring cups! It’s time for another delicious installment of yummy. Blondies. Not quite brownies but definitely just as good. I remember my first blondie. It was sophomore year of cheerleading and before a game, one of the girls aunts (who are SO good at baking – they can bake up a storm!) made us blondies. No nuts or anything just blondies and they were delicious! Every game, bake sale or competition we had, we always hoped blondies would be at the table for a quick sugar boost. They are sweet and delicious and worth trying if you haven’t tried them already. I have seen a few recipes that add nuts, chocolate chips or toffee bits to the batter before baking them so if you like, you can definitely add your favorite addition to kick these bars up a notch. (Make sure the addition is gluten-free 🙂 ) This is a very simple recipe that is definitely worth having around.
Gluten Free Blondies
- 1/2 cup buttery spread, melted (Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread again is amazing)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix (your favorite gluten free flour is perfect)
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix melted buttery spread and brown sugar on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Continue mixing another minute or until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spread batter into a greased 9×13 pan. Bake 33-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before cutting into bars.