What?!? Two recipes for the ninth day of the 25 days of yummy! YES! I’ve got the peanut butter baking bug! If you loved the peanut butter cookies, you are going to have a new favorite on your hands. Peanut butter cupcakes!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cups dairy free shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup rice milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a cupcake pan with paper liners, or grease and flour cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, shortening and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt; stir into the batter alternately with the milk. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top of the cupcakes spring back when lightly pressed. Cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost with your favorite chocolate or vanilla buttercream frosting! Or mix in some peanut butter in your vanilla buttercream for a peanut butter and vanilla frosting! For an extra special breakfast treat, cut in half and spread your favorite grape jelly or jam and you’ve got a delicious peanut butter and jelly breakfast.
- Homemade Peanut Butter (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)