Let’s make some Whoopie! Whoopie pies that is! These whoopie pies have a little something extra with the addition of pumpkin pie spice. Perfect for fall, winter and the holiday season, these little pies will be a hit!
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or rice milk)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, oil, and milk. Add into dry ingredients. Mix just until fully incorporated.
- If you have a whoopie pie pan (amazon has one!), fill each round until 3/4 full (about 1 tablespoon) Otherwise, on a parchment lined baking sheet, spread out about 1 tablespoon of the dough to form pies 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for 2 minutes on pan, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Using your favorite frosting (many Betty Crocker frostings are gluten free – I suggest vanilla buttercream, one of my all time favorites), spread about 1/2 tablespoon on bottom side up of each tie and top with another. OR try this homemade frosting recipe!
Vanilla Whipped “Cream”/Frosting Recipe
- 1/2 c. shortening (Spectrum Organic palm oil shortening)
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Up to 1/8 cup water
Slowly add in water until consistency is thick, smooth, and spreadable
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (ferventfoodie.com)