Hosting a holiday party? Looking for a delicious cocktail and tasty appetizer to get the party started? Look no further. I have two great recipes that are sure to make your guests smile and asking for the recipe.
Cocktail Time! Creating a drink that is sure to get your guests buzzing is important when hosting any kind of gathering. Paring with a variety of appetizers for your guests to enjoy will definitely make you the hostess with the most-est!
- 1 oz. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- 2 oz. orange juice
- 0.25 oz. amaretto
- Lime wedge
- In an iced filled shaker combine all the ingredients.
- Shake well.
- Strain into an ice filled glass.
- Garnish with lime wedge.
Shrimp Mojo de Ajo
Garnishes: lime wedges, fresh cilantro sprigs, coarse sea salt
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on, if desired. Combine shrimp and Mojo de Ajo, tossing to coat. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from Mojo de Ajo, discarding marinade. Thread 1 shrimp onto each skewer.
- Grill over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Garnish, if desired.
Mojo de Ajo Recipe
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 3/4 cup bottled minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Cook garlic in hot oil in same saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in sweet paprika, lime juice, and salt. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 5 days. Allow mixture to come to room temperature before using.
So set up the appetizer table and stock up the bar because your next holiday bash is going to be the finest of them all!
- Holiday Appetizer: Rosemary Shrimp Skewers (livefortheseason.com)
- Cranberry Ginger Fizz Cocktail!!! Yum on a dime! (bloomingoutoffocus.com)