This Bread is BANANAS! B-A-N-A-N-A-S! THIS BREAD IS BANANAS! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
If you haven’t guessed, we’re making banana bread! Homemade bread is the perfect addition to a special breakfast. This bread has a hint of creamy peanut butter to give it a slight nutty taste.
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup oil (canola or vegetable would be best)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground all-spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease your loaf pan a non-stick cooking spray (I suggest a vegetable oil cooking spray that is safe for baking), set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together gluten free flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, all spice and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together your bananas, peanut butter, oil, vanilla extract, egg and sugars.
- Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir until just combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Pour into loaf pan and spread batter until it is even in the pan.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack to cool completely.
If you wish you can add 1/2 cup of roasted peanuts to add some crunch to your bread. I have even seen a recipe that adds an extra sweet treat to this simple bread; Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter cups. For a chocolate surprise for your banana bread, add 1 8 oz bag of Reese’s Mini cups to your recipe. Fold in the Reese’s cups once the batter has been mixed then pour into the loaf pan.
This bread is sure to make any morning a little bit brighter. So make sure your bananas are ripe and sweet and your peanut butter is nice and creamy for this wonderfully delicious and simple bread.