In keeping with the breakfast theme, I bring you delicious chocolate chip muffins. Muffins are always a great to go breakfast for anyone on the run. Chocolate chip muffins are probably one of my favorite muffins and since becoming gluten free, I have only found one company that has a really good chocolate chip muffin. Udi’s has a wonderful DOUBLE chocolate chip muffin which I have featured on this blog before and it is really good. But if you are not in the mood for a company muffin, then start preheating the oven so you can make your own!
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons organic cocoa powder (or Toll House or Hershey’s baking cocoa powder)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips and another 1/4 cup for sprinkling on top
- 1 cup rice milk or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon bourbon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Prepare a muffin/cupcake pan with muffin/cupcake liners and set aside
- Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips into a large bowl.
- Pour all the liquid ingredients into a large measuring cup. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Little baking tip: Remember, a lumpy batter makes the best muffins.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin pans. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top and then bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.
Mmmm, I can smell the muffin goodness already! Happy Baking!