Ok. So you’ve got your muffins and your cookies and cakes. You have a few fun drink and cocktail in your arsinal but what about for the kids and the under 21 year olds? What are they going to drink? Well, Martha Stewart has the answer – Sparking Apple Cider with a little kick! Ginger and cinnamon help this drinks sparkle and shine while your guest wine and dine. This recipe is nice and simple and sure to be a hit.
First, you’ll need to make some tasty ginger syrup!
For a more intense flavor, make this syrup a day before using, allowing the ginger to sit in the syrup, refrigerated, overnight.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 six-inch piece fresh ginger, finely diced
- Place sugar, ginger, and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook about 1 hour, until ginger flavor is quite strong. Let cool; strain before using.
Now lets make the drink!
- 1/4 cup Ginger Syrup
- 4 1/2 cups sparkling apple cider
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 6 pieces crystallized ginger
- Place 2 tablespoons ginger syrup in each of six glasses. Fill glasses with ice cubes, pour in cider, and stir to combine. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and fresh ginger, and serve.
With the combination of the bubbling crisp apple and the kick of ginger, this certainly isn’t just some ginger ale. So break out your favorite glasses and toast to good times, great family and friends and an amazing holiday season.
- 4 Kid-Friendly Holiday Drinks (organicauthority.com)
- Cranberry Ginger Fizz Cocktail!!! Yum on a dime! (bloomingoutoffocus.com)