Whole Foods Market has done it again! This time creating a wonderful winter cocktail with an interesting ingredient that you would not normally find in drinks – rosemary. Yes, I know what you’re thinking. Rosemary and clementines? Really? Yes really! The surprising hint of rosemary really makes this cocktail come alive. Whole Foods is a great resource for a variety of recipes that can be tailored for various allergies! So of course this clementine cocktail is gluten free and dairy free! 🙂
Clementine Crush Sparkling Cocktail
Thanks to the vibrant flavors of clementines, cranberries and fresh rosemary, this pitcher full of sparkling wine-based cocktails is prime for winter celebrations. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the clementine zest in large pieces for the chopping and twists.
- 2 2/3 cups clementine juice, plus 1 tablespoon finely chopped clementine zest, plus 1 clementine for garnish (from 12-14 fruits total)
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup 100% Cranberry Juice
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 8 (1-inch) sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 (750ml) bottle sparkling wine, such as Pascual Toso Sparkling Brut, well chilled (or use your favorite)
- 1 (12-ounce) can Tonic Water or Ginger Ale ( I suggest ginger ale)
- In a wide, shallow dish, mix zest and sugar together with your fingers. Wet the rim of 8 cocktail glasses with a wet paper towel, and then dredge in clementine sugar to coat.
- In a large pitcher, use a wooden spoon to muddle cranberry juice, cranberries and rosemary sprigs thoroughly.
- Fill pitcher with ice cubes.
- Top off with clementine juice, wine and tonic water or ginger ale.
- Stir vigorously; pour into glasses; garnish with clementine twists and serve.
Your cocktail hour just got a little more intersting!