Time for some delicious non-alcoholic drinks that everyone at your holiday party can enjoy!
Pink Grapefruit “Margaritas”
Definitely a fun and festive mocktail! This nonalcoholic pink drink is a great treat for children during festive occasions. Sanding sugar is a large-grain decorative sugar; granulated sugar may be substituted.
- 2 tablespoons colored sanding sugar
- 1 lime
- 6 teaspoons pomegranate syrup or grenadine
- 1 1/2 cups pink grapefruit juice
- Place sanding sugar in a shallow dish or plate. Slice six thin rounds from the middle of lime; set aside. Rub lime wedge around rims of six glasses; dip each rim in sugar to coat. Pour 1 teaspoon pomegranate syrup into bottom of each glass.
- Place grapefruit juice and 2 cups ice cubes in a blender. Process on high speed until ice is crushed. Pour frozen mixture into glasses, and stir to combine with syrup. Garnish with reserved lime rounds, and serve immediately.
Ginger Lime Fizz
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 liter seltzer or sparkling water
- Combine ginger and sugar with 4 cups water, or enough to cover, in a medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; stir until sugar dissolves completely. Continue to simmer about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool to room temperature, at least 2 hours. Strain out the ginger, and discard.
- Combine the ginger syrup, lime juice, and seltzer in a pitcher. Pour into ice-filled glasses, and serve immediately
Pomegrante Citrus Juice
- 2 small grapefruits
- 2 juice oranges
- 2 tangerines or mineola tangelos
- 1/2 lime
- 2 pomegranates
- Use a citrus press or a juicer to juice the grapefruits, oranges, tangerines, and lime. Juice the pomegranates (2/3 cup juice) into a separate bowl. Divid citrus juice among 3 glasses. Top with pomegranate juice, which will settle to the bottom, and serve.
Your guests will be beaming with holiday cheer as you toast to the holidays! :)
- Celebration Mocktails (romanceyourmate.wordpress.com)