Here are two extra special holiday breakfast recipes with festive ingredients such as cranberries and apricots or your favorite holiday fruit! These recipes are perfect for a wonderful holiday brunch…waking up to the smell of these scones is sure to making the season bright.
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour (choose your favorite)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup buttery spread (such as Earth Balance)
- 3/4 cup diced dried apricots.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a divided scone pan, or grease (or line with parchment) a baking sheet.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Work in the cold buttery spread till the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in the dried apricots.
- Whisk together the eggs, rice milk, and vanilla till frothy.
- Add to the dry ingredients, stirring till well blended. The dough should be cohesive and very sticky.
- Drop dough by the 1/3-cupful into the scone pan or onto the baking sheet. Let the scones rest for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the scones with sparkling sugar or cinnamon sugar. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, till golden brown. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes or so before serving. Best enjoyed warm, with your favorite buttery spread or jam!
- 4 cups cranberry juice, chilled
- 4 cups orange juice
- 2 (750 ml.) bottles of your favorite fruity Champagne, chilled
- 12 slices fresh orange, for garnish
- Fill twelve 12-ounce glasses with ice.
- Pour 1/3 cup cranberry juice into each glass.
- Top each serving with 1/3 cup orange juice and about 1/2 cup of champagne.
- Garnish with orange slices