I’m going to just get right to it. It’s chocolate cake soaked in caramel sauce and sprinkled with toffee bits! Need I say more! 🙂
- 1 box Betty Crocker Gluten Free devil’s food cake mix
- Water, butter (I used Earth Balance Buttery Spread) and eggs called for on cake mix box. (I also add 2 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract)
- 1 jar (12.25 oz) caramel topping
- 1 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping (for all you dairy free darlings out there I could rice whipped cream in a can! Yes I found it at Fairway markets so it does exist! You just have to look for it)
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make and bake cake mix as directed on box, using water, butter, eggs and any of the pan choices.
- With handle of wooden spoon, poke top of warm cake every 1/2 inch. Drizzle caramel topping evenly over top of cake; let stand until absorbed into cake. Cover; refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled. (MMMM caramel soaked cake!)
- Spread whipped topping over top of cake. (or use can of rice whipped cream over the cake) Sprinkle with toffee bits. Store covered in refrigerator.
- 🙂 ENJOY!
- Better Batter Gluten Free Flour (texaskitchen.wordpress.com)