Gotta love cookies. Gotta love M & M’s. But the two together and you have a winning combination. Add some peanut butter and rice cereal and you’ve got a cookie that will have you smiling from ear to ear and wishing you had made a second batch. Maybe you should – there won’t be any leftovers!
- 1/2 cup buttery spread (such as Earth Balance) , softened NOT MELTED
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 box Betty Crocker Gluten Free chocolate chip cookie mix
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate M & M’s (or Peanut Butter M & Ms or Peanut M & Ms) – classic milk chocolate is always amazing in cookies
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Rice Chex cereal
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir butter, peanut butter and egg until blended. Stir in cookie mix until soft dough forms. Stir in M &Ms and cereal, breaking cereal apart as dough is stirred.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 3 inches apart.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool at least 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely before storing in airtight container.
The cookie monsters in your house will definitely have their hands in the cookie jar. Guess that solves the who stole the cookies from the cookie jar question doesn’t it? 🙂
I am all about flavor. Sweet, spicy, savory I like a lot of flavor. Dinner is a perfect time of day to inject some flavor in your day. Chicken is a perfect empty canvas just waiting for flavor to be painted on. Here is a great recipe that uses a zesty and robust rub to bring life into chicken breast.
Lime and Chili Rubbed Chicken
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or a little more if you like a little heat but I wouldn’t do too much – you don’t want the chili powder to overpower the dish)
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb) (you can do this with boned skinless chicken breast as well)
- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly grease the foil so that the chicken does not stick. Set aside.
- In small bowl, mix chili powder, brown sugar, lime peel, salt, garlic powder and ground red pepper. Rub both sides of chicken with oil, then with spice mixture.
- Refrigerate the “rubbed” chicken 20 to 30 minutes before baking (this really enhances the flavor).
- Place the chicken in the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the juice of the chicken is clear when the thickest part is cut.
- Serve with you favorite sides and ENJOY! 🙂
This recipe makes me think of the fiesta lime chicken that they have at Applebee’s and what would great with this chicken? A margarita! Here is a classic margarita recipe.
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate (your favorite)
- 6 fluid ounces tequila (your choice)
- 2 fluid ounces triple sec
- Lime wedge (to rim glasses)
- Coarse sugar (to rim glasses)
- Lemon or lime slices (for garnish)
- Fill blender with crushed ice. Pour in limeade concentrate, tequila and triple sec. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into sugar rimmed margarita glasses and serve. (to rim your glasses, dip your glass in warm water and then dip into coarse sugar or you can rub the rim with a lime wedge then dip into the sugar)
Coarse sugar (to rim glasses)
- Lime wedge (to rim glasses)
1 6-ounce can frozen limeade concentrate (your favorite)
2/3 cup sweetened grapefruit juice
25 to 30 small ice cubes (about 4 cups)
Lemon or lime slices (for garnish)
- If desired, rub rims of margarita glasses with lime wedge; dip rims into a shallow dish of coarse sugar and shake off excess. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine limeade concentrate, orange juice, and grapefruit juice. Cover and blend until smooth. With the blender running, gradually add ice cubes through the hole in the lid, blending until slushy. Pour into margarita glasses. If desired, garnish with lemon or lime slices.