It’s New Years Eve! Ok so you’ve got some party ideas from my last post. Here a few more! Like I said, you got to ring in the new year BIG!
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) (or more if you like the heat! I do!)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 1 1/2 lb)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.(Or if you are inside, get a grill pan) In small bowl, mix all ingredients except chicken; brush mixture over chicken.
- Place chicken, bone sides down, on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 15 to 20 minutes. Turn chicken. Cover grill; cook 20 to 40 minutes longer, turning 2 or 3 times, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (180°F).
- Serve with white rice or your favorite side.
Of course, we HAVE to do another cocktail cupcake! How about a lemon drop cupcake! A big ball is going to drop and while your counting down into the new year, toast with a lemon drop cupcake.
For the Cupcakes
- 1 cup buttery spread such as Earth Balance, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
For the Frosting
- 3 tablespoons buttery spread, such as Earth Balance, softened
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon rice milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream buttery spread and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add lemon peel and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream (batter will be thick).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, cream butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel and rice milk; beat until smooth. Fill and ziplock plastic bag with the frosting and cut the tip of the bag. Frost cupcakes.
Last but definitely not least a Cosmo slush!!
- 6 oz frozen (thawed) limeade concentrate (from 12-oz can)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups citrus-flavored vodka or orange juice
- 1 cup orange-flavored liqueur or orange juice
- 4 cups 100% cranberry juice blend
- In blender, place limeade concentrate and powdered sugar. Cover and blend on high speed until well mixed. Add vodka and orange liqueur. Cover and blend until well mixed.
- In 13×9-inch glass baking dish, stir limeade mixture and cranberry juice until well mixed.
- Cover and freeze at least 8 hours until slushy. Stir before serving.
THAT’S IT! Celebrate, be merry and ring in the new year with those you love! ENJOY!