I’m in a ooey gooey chocolately chewy mood right now, which happens a bunch but still. A piece of chocolate cake would be wonderful and of course Betty Crocker has an amazing gluten free Devil’s Food cake mix! With some peanut butter and fudge topping this is a wonderful and decadent cake!
Gooey Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cake
- 1 box Betty Crocker gluten free devil’s food cake mix
- 1/2 cup buttery spread (such as Earth Balance Buttery Spread) or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons rice milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peanut butter chips (from 10-oz bag)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs (for frosting)
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- Hot fudge topping, if desired
- Chopped peanuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 13×9-inch pan with non-stick vegetable baking spray (do not use dark or nonstick pan). In large bowl, mix cake mix, sugar, buttery spread or margarine, milk and 1 egg with spoon until dough forms. Spoon into pan. Place plastic wrap on dough; press evenly in pan. Remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle dough with peanut butter chips and peanuts.
- In large bowl, beat peanut butter, vanilla and 3 eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar on low speed. Pour mixture over chocolate mixture in pan; spread evenly.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until topping is set and deep golden brown. Cool at least 30 minutes to serve warm, or cool completely. When cutting serving pieces, wipe knife with paper towel after cutting each row. Top each piece with hot fudge topping and chopped peanuts. Serve and enjoy! Store leftovers covered in refrigerator. (if there are any leftovers!)