Ground turkey is one of my favorite meats to use in cooking because turkey is a rather bland bird so you can add any flavor you want to it! Turkey isn’t just for Thanksgiving and Christmas anymore! These turkey wraps remind me of the P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
These wraps can also be done with ground chicken (just like at P.F. Chang’s) or with ground beef or ground lamb
- 1 1/4 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic and red chile paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more if you like the spice like I do!)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 12 medium Bibb lettuce leaves, rinsed, patted dry with paper towel (Bibb lettuce is the best because of its sturdiness)
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked and nicely browned; drain and return to skillet. Stir in green onions, cilantro, mint, lime juice, soy sauce, peanut butter, garlic paste, chile paste, sugar and red pepper flakes. Cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until hot.
- To serve, spoon 2 heaping tablespoons turkey mixture, 2 tablespoons carrots and 1 teaspoon peanuts onto each lettuce leaf; wrap around filling. Serve warm with a spicy peanut sauce.