That’s right. We CAN have chicken and dumplings and it be gluten free! YES! Betty Crocker Gluten Free Bisquick makes it happen!
For the Chicken:
- 2 1/2 cups Progresso chicken broth (which IS gluten free!)
- 1 1/2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (your favorite – carrots, corn and peas are a great combination)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or regular sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup rice milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
For the Dumplings:
- 3/4 cup Bisquick Gluten Free mix
- 1/3 cup rice milk
- 2 tablespoons buttery spread (such as Earth Balance Buttery Spread) or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat chicken broth, chicken, vegetables, salt, and pepper to boiling. In small bowl, mix 1 cup milk and the cornstarch with wire whisk until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Heat just to boiling.
- In small bowl, stir dumpling ingredients with fork until blended. Gently drop dough by 8 rounded spoonfuls onto boiling chicken mixture.
- Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer.