If you love candy apples then you’ll really love these apples nachos. All the elements of candy apples in bit sized slices. But just as messy!
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 35 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup buttery spread (such as Earth Balance Buttery Spread)
- 35 caramels
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet morsels (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Slice apples and arrange on platter.
- In saucepan, melt marshmallows and buttery spread until creamy. Set aside.
- In microwave dish, melt caramels with coconut milk (It’s best to cook in 30 second intervals, and stir). Set aside.
- Pour marshmallow buttery spread mixture over apple slices, followed by caramel sauce. Drizzle chocolate syrup and sprinkle with peanuts and mini chocolate morsels.
- Serve immediately.
So dig in with your hands (make sure you have napkins ready!) or use a fork. Whatever you do make sure you ENJOY!😀
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a member of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.