I feel like they would have these pancakes at IHOP. I mean how good would Oatmeal-Brown Sugar Pancakes with Banana-Walnut Syrup be?! Pretty good right. Well you have them. Gluten free and all and still oh so delicious! Now I’m not a huge fan of walnuts, but when paired with bananas and syrup you can’t go wrong!
Oatmeal-Brown Sugar Pancakes with Banana-Walnut Syrup
For the Banana-Walnut Syrup:
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup maple syrup (your favorite of course)
For the Pancakes:
- 2 cups Gluten Free Bisquick mix
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats (Quaker Oats is great)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups rice milk
- 2 eggs
- In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat. Add walnuts; cook, stirring occasionally, just until walnuts and butter begin to brown. Add bananas; stir to coat with butter. Stir in syrup. Reduce heat to low; cook until warm. Keep warm while making pancakes.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F. Grease griddle with vegetable oil if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating). In medium bowl, stir all pancake ingredients with spoon until blended.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook other sides until golden. Serve with warm syrup.