Pound cake would be a great dipper for your caramel fondue! Well pound cake goes great with a lot of things. This is a very Paula Deen like recipe because there are not one but TWO cups of butter so don’t be alarmed! It’s all worth it in the end 🙂
- 2 cups Earth Balacne Buttery Spread
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup coconut or rice milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Grease a tube pan or loaf pan VERY WELL with non-stick vegetable spray or buttery spread
- Whip buttery spread in mixer (approx 2 minutes)
- Gradually add sugar– mix through
- Gradually add eggs one at a time
- Alternate gluten free flour and milk- gradually
- Add extracts
- Pour into a greased 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 300ºF for 1 hour and 40 minutes (yes it will take about that long but patience is a virtue and it will be worth it) or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Cool on your counter for 10 minutes
- Turn out on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
Pound cake goes great with ice cream, sorbet or strawberries and whipped cream! Or cut it into 1-inch cubes and dip into some lovely caramel fondue!