When I use sugar in the recipes I make, I always use Domino brand sugar. Great granulated, brown and powdered sugar for any kind of recipe or drink use. Here is a great brown sugar pound cake recipe from using delicious light brown sugar.
Brown Sugar Pound Cake
For the Pound Cake:
- 1 cup packed Domino Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup buttery spread or margarine, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh fruit
Sweetened Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Domino Confectioners Sugar, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and buttery spread or margarine until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine gluten free flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add to sugar mixture. Pour batter into pan. Bake one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and turn out on rack to cool completely. Top with whipped cream and fruit.
- Place cream in chilled bowl. Beat until foamy. Add Domino Confectioners Sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff.
Pound cake is GREAT with ice cream. It’s one of mine and my dad’s favorite combinations and sure to be yours if you haven’t had it already 🙂 ENJOY!
Visit Domino Sugar for more great recipes! From cake and cookies to candy, frosting, glazes and even salads, they have recipes for all sorts of tastes and seasons.
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a member of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.