I have always been a fan of apples and apple pie. Always have been, always will be. How about a sweet and simple apple pie dip that is perfect with your homemade baked tortilla chips (seasoned with cinnamon and sugar of course!)
Apple Pie Dip
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and diced apple (Fuji is my favorite and one of the best to use)
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 teaspoon water
- You can either cook this on the stove-top or the microwave.
- Combine all the dip ingredients in a small pan/ microwaveable bowl except the cornstarch-water mixture.
- Heat for a few minutes until it’s boiling and has extracted juice from the apple.
- Add cornstarch-water mixture to the “sauce”
- Put back in the microwave/stove top until boiling and the sauce has thickened.
- Set aside. You can serve this warm or chilled.
- Break out the cinnamon sugar tortilla chips and dip away!