Fried Apple Pancakes. I saw this recipe on The Chew and I really enjoyed it! Carla Hall put a little twist on a family recipe and it’s sweet, simple, easy to make gluten free (which is perfect) and of course delicious. Try these tasty cakes with homemade apple cider syrup or with your favorite maple syrup. Yea I’ve been on an apple recipe kick…no complaints! Apples are delicious and so versatile!
- 1 cup Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or apple pie spice)
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 medium apples – pared and cored
- lemon juice and zest (for apple cider syrup)
- apple cider
- To make hot apple cider syrup: Add apple cider, lemon juice and zest, and cinnamon to a saucepan and bring to a boil. (Use your own comfort/judgement with how much to mix.) Reduce the liquid to a syrup consistency, by half.
- Beat bisquick mix, egg and rice milk until smooth. Add pumpkin pie spice (or apple pie spice) and lemon zest to batter and mix until incorporated.
- Grease griddle.
- Core and cut apples crosswise in 1/8-inch slices.
- Using a toothpick dip slices into batter. Cook on hot griddle until golden brown, turning once. Serve hot with apple cider syrup or warmed maple syrup.
Thank you Carla Hall for this delicious recipe that can so easily become gluten free by changing ONE ingredients! 🙂 Definitely makes me smile from ear to ear while I chew!