Here is another great recipe using my all time favorite fruit, the apple! This treat is delicious and full of flavor! It’s like a rustic apple individual apple tart.
Simple Baked Apple
- 2 large apples, cut in half (use your favorite)
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose gluten free flour
- 4 tablespoons quick oats (Quaker Oats has been a cooking staple in my house for as long as I can remember)
- pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Cut apples in half and remove core and seeds with a small pairing knife or spoon.
- In a small bowl combine margarine, brown sugar, gluten free flour, oats and cinnamon.
- Spoon on top of the apple halves and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with fat free whipped cream or low fat ice cream. Or enjoy all by themselves!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a member of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.