Here is a quick and easy onion ring recipe that only uses a few ingredients but turns out incredible results!
Crispy Onion Rings
- 6 white onions (Vadalia Onions work well)
- 1 cup rice or coconut milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups Gluten Free Bisquick mix (or your favorite gluten free pancake mix)
- Slice the onions crosswise and separate into rings.
- Combine rice or coconut milk, eggs and salt in mixing bowl.
- Soak the onions in the mixture about 30 minutes.
- Place pancake mix in a shallow bowl.
- Heat oil for frying in skillet to 375 degrees.
- Remove the onion rings from milk mixture, dip in pancake mix , and then repeat that process. (Double dip to properly coat the rings)
- Once you prepare the onion rings, put them in the freezer for about 30 to 45 minutes. This allows the breading to be firm, and won’t come off in the oil.
- Fry rings until golden brown and drain on paper towels. Pack fried onion rings solidly, but loosely, without pressing, into an 8×4-inch loaf pan.