Popcorn is a quick and easy snack that can be used in so many ways and have some many flavors. I love popcorn and there are great brands that have great gluten free popcorns. Popcorn is great by itself, extra butter, light butter or whatever your favorite might be. Kettle corn is one of my favorites and natural popcorn is always a treat.
Here is a great recipe for Cinnamon Caramel Corn.
- 12 cups popped popcorn (about 1/2 C kernels)*
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup or honey makes a good substitution)
- 1 stick buttery spread (1/2 C) – Earth Balance is a great brand and come in a spread and stick
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 squares almond bark (or gluten free white chocolate)
*You can use air popped or microwave popcorn. If using microwave, anything works, so you can use your favorite gluten free brand.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Place popcorn and chopped pecans in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a large capacity microwave safe bowl. Mix well.
- Chop butter into chunks and place on top of sugar mixture. Pour corn syrup over the top of everything. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then stir to combine. Return to microwave and heat for 2 minutes. Remove and stir and then microwave for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from microwave and add in vanilla and baking soda. Stir to combine. Mixture will foam and rise. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and pecans and stir very well so everything is well coated.
- Spread popcorn mixture onto a foil-lined jelly roll pan. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread out on a large piece of parchment, waxed paper, or foil.
- Melt almond bark according to package instructions. Drizzle over popcorn mixture. When almond bark is hardened and popcorn is cool, break into chunks and enjoy!