Tomorrow is my birthday! Even though I’m going to be 22, that doesn’t mean I don’t like pink (it’s my second favorite color) and don’t want to feel like a pretty pretty princess. I found this great party popcorn recipe that uses chocolate and food coloring to make ordinary popcorn special. Still right up my alley. 22 and still a kid a heart ❤
- 8 cups of popcorn (natural,regular or kettle)
- vegetable oil or olive Oil
- kosher salt
- 8 ounces of white chocolate
- red food coloring (if you don’t want it to be pink use whatever food coloring colors you would like)
- Pop your popcorn. You can use microwave popcorn or kernels for stove top popcorn
- Spread the popcorn over a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Remember to take out any unpopped kernels.
- Melt 8 ounces of white chocolate until smooth. You can use a double-boiler to melt the chocolate, or put it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time on medium power, stirring after each round. Once the chocolate is smooth, add a few drops of food coloring, and stir to blend.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate across the popcorn. Mix the popcorn around with the spoon to evenly distribute the chocolate. Then place the baking sheet in the refridgerator for 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Serve in a festive party bowl and enjoy!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a member of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.