Another wonderful recipe chock full of sticky, creamy, peanut butter goodness for this National Peanut Butter Day!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars with Peanut Butter Frosting
These oatmeal cookie bars are chewy and delicious. And for a peanut butter lover, they deliver. Peanut butter throughout. The frosting is especially addicting.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened (Earth Balance)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup gluten free oatmeal
For the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, softened (Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9×13 pan with wax paper.
- Cream vegan butter, peanut butter and sugars in a large bowl.
- Beat in egg. Add gluten free flour, baking soda, and oatmeal and mix until well combined.
- Press into an ungreased 9×13 pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, combine the vegan butter, peanut butter, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl.
- Whip until light and fluffy. Start by adding 2 tablespoons coconut milk and the powdered sugar.
- Whip until incorporated. Adjust by adding more milk or more sugar until you reach the desired consistency.
- Spread ALL over your completely cooled blondies.
It has been a WONDERFULLY sticky peanut butter day. Is your tongue stuck to the roof of your mouth yet? I hope not. Because if it is, how are you supposed to enjoy more peanut butter goodness?!? 🙂
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.