My blondies are a HIT! and on this National Peanut Butter Day, we are going to jazz it up for all you peanut butter lovers out there. Peanut Butter Cup Blondies for Peanut Butter Lovers! Once again, using Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. (Seriously cannot get enough peanut butter chocolate goodness)
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
- 1 cup all purpose gluten freeflour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted vegan butter, melted (Earth Balance)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 9 regular size Peanut Butter Cups (chop each peanut butter cup into 4 pieces) (6 will be mixed into batter and 3 will be pressed into the top of the blondies)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Sift together the gluten free flour, baking powder, kosher salt and baking soda.Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (a handheld mixer works fine) mix together the light brown sugar, melted unsalted vegan butter and pure vanilla extract.
- Add in 1 large egg and mix to combine.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until the ingredients are almost combined. Take a spatula and fold the ingredients together.
- Chop up 6 regular size peanut butter cups into 4 pieces each. Throw the chopped peanut butter cups into the blondie batter and fold them in.
- Spread the batter evenly in the lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake for a total of 25 minutes at 350ºF. While the blondies are baking, chop up 3 more regular size peanut butter cups into 4 pieces each. During the last 5 minutes of baking, press the chopped up peanut butter cups into the blondies.
- Then continue baking the blondies for 5 more minutes, the baking time will total 25 minutes.
- Once the blondies are done baking, cool completely on a cooling rack and then cut into squares.
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes, Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.