Waffles are delicious. Chocolate is also delicious. Marshmallows = delicious. So clearly chocolate marshmallow waffles can only be one thing…EXTRAORDINARY!
Breakfast as we all know is the most important meal of the day. It’s about to get sweeter with these wonderful waffles.
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetend cocoa (Hershey’s is dairy free so is Toll House)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups almond, coconut or soy milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons dairy free butter (Earth Balance is great and my favorite)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of your favorite dairy free chocolate chips (Trader Joe’s makes great ones)
- ½ cup miniature marshmallows
Beat until the peaks are stiff but not dry then fold into the batter:
- 2 large egg whites
- Stir the batter to make sure the chips and marshmallows are evenly distributed, then spoon a scoop of the batter into your waffle iron, until the skillets are completely filled.
- Spread the batter evenly.
- Let the batter bake on the iron for 30 seconds, then close the lid and bake until the waffle is set and cooked through.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.