If you like Nutella but can’t have it anymore because of the cream, fear not! Make your own DAIRY FREE Nutella that is sure to make you smile and is perfect to use in any recipes that call for Nutella!
Homemade Dairy Free Nutella
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread the hazelnuts out on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice, until the skins break and the nuts look pale golden. Pour the nuts from the sheet onto a clean tea towel and let cool.
- Once cooled, rub the nuts in the tea towel to loosen their skins. (Don’t worry about getting every bit of them off.) Put the nuts into the bowl of a food processor and discard the skins left over in the towel.
- Pulse the hazelnuts until they are completely ground. Let the machine run, adding about a teaspoon of canola oil, for 2-3 minutes or until it turns into a thick paste. Add the cocoa, honey and another teaspoon of canola oil and blend for another minute, until it becomes spreadable.
- Store in a jar or sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Now you can enjoy that delicious mix of hazelnut and chocolate without feeling bad! I know I’m very happy with this recipe.